Last weeks wishes
This weeks wishes
1. See Cat! - success! And she met Shams... which was weirdly more akward in my head
2. Enjoy D&D - success! And we are playing again tonight!
3. Eat Health - SUCCESS... oh I mean FAILURE!! Saturday I bought a large box of chocolates and gummy candy and sat with a friend chatting until it was mostly gone! Fantastic night though!
4. Look at gym memberships and plans for the two of us - fail
5. Look into what it would take to sell the treadmill -fail
This weeks wishes
1. Join Kay @ The Best of Intentions for Book Club. They are reading Me Before You by Jojo Moyes. I actually bought the book already (I bought two... one for a friend because she was having a bad day and I knew she needed a pick me up!)
2. Read Me Before You and join in the discussion. I am so excited for this!! I can't wait to discuss a book with someone!! No one at work reads ... and well it's just depressing!
3. Participate - Passion for Fashion, Book Club Friday, and Me Before You GoodReads Forum. (also Blogtember and Weekly Wishes!)
5. Look at the workout information that Kevin's sister sent us. See if it's plausible.
A "life lately" post.
What you're up to, how you're feeling, how you're doing on your goals, etc.
Bonus points for great photos!
Life lately has not been awesome. So here are some random things
1. Let’s talk about Zits
Usually I look through pictures I've taken to find something close to what I’m talking about, but nahha you are not getting a picture of me with one. I don’t get them frequently… maybe one when I am super stressed.
I deal with a lot of young college students and this one particular student sat in my office with his elbows on my table covering the lower portion of his face and PICKING his zits for well OVER an hour.
You don’t touch them, I don’t notice them. Oh and I am most definitely not shaking your hands… and where’s my hand sanitizer!
2. Are you a Swimmer
I have allot of pictures up in my office. Mostly of events I've put on for work/students and a few of Kevin. Anyways I have a copy of this picture
and I had this well toned Ukrainian student in my office. When out of the blue he asked if I was a swimmer. I froze... it's weird question right?? I wasn't sure if he was hitting on me (I do not look like a swimmer... seriously) and if he wasn't hitting on my why would he ask such a random thing. I responded with a "nooooo, why" and in his interesting accent said oh because of the picture and then proceed to explain that he was becoming a swim coach and a plumber.
3. Friday the 13th
I was ill Friday the 13th. Going to the doctor's on Friday the 13th was an interesting experience and to be honest I am not even going to write about, but just let you use your imagination
4. From Innocent... to Eye-liner
I went to my old place of work and ended up chatting with one of the gals there. When I had worked there she was a super sweet innocent girl who wear cute clothes and was an absolutely sweetheart. So when I dropped in and saw her again I was completely blown away. She dressed all in black - ragged ripped leggings included and had the darkest black eye-liner on and not just a little we're talking the entire eye socket in the darkest black kind. Now don't get my wrong I normal don't mind this look, but shocking to see what six months had done to this poor girl. Even chatting with her was totally different.
At 24 she was realizing that life wasn't perfect and she was falling apart at the seams. I wish I was emotionally strong enough to help her. She really needs someone positive and uplifting and I wish, I pray someone comes into her life that is exactly that for her. It's been another six months since I've seen her but I still think about her fairly often.
5. and not that I've got a picture from the past - Throw Back Moment - here's 2004 in Hairschool. We were HOT stuff haha